Monday, May 10, 2010

one of those days

Do you ever just have one of those days where you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I stumbled out of the wrong side of mine this morning and despite an earnest attempt at a productive start, my day comprised of buying things I didn’t want online, getting a cramp in my fingers after spending an hour bottling and sticking mini labels on samples vials of my latest perfume oils, burning myself while making shepherd’s pie, and just in general feeling absent-minded, confused and despondent.

Even carrot cake only brought temporary relief. I’m hoping that my tutoring day tomorrow will be a nice refresh button to get me out of the house and things into perspective. Sometimes a little dose of busyness is all I need to remind myself how to relax. I’ll come back and write something more substantial when I’m feeling better.

On the perfume oils front, I’m still waiting on an order of 5ml amber glass bottles, but my scents are more or less completed and the samples are ready to enter my shop. Before I list something new in my Etsy store, I always get a sudden sense of stage fright and try to put it off until ‘a better time’ (which of course, there always is and it’s called ‘later’). However, I don’t believe in starting something when my spirit’s awry, and pouring anything but love and positive intent into it, so I’ll be listing them later in the week when I’m (hopefully) feeling much, much sunnier.

3 comments:

softearthart said...

Sometimes one has those days, may today be better for you. cheers Marie

Narcissiliality said...

I hope your Tuesday is much better... isn't that interesting, being busy will help you relax! And all that sticking labels onto bottles, as tedious as it is, is just the laborious stuff you need to get done for future, you know, relaxation. So it *was* a productive day, even if you felt a bit absent-minded!

Helena said...

Thanks so much Rajita, seeing your post cheered me up. Hope you have a great week as well! I'm a little behind on your vlog as I can't play Flash objects on my iPhone, but I hope to catch up soon.

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Check back for responses as I will often respond here.
Thank you for taking the time to visit About a Bun and I hope you enjoyed your stay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails